Saturday, July 21, 2012

First house guests

I have my first house guests at the condo in Cebu City and it took quite a bit of time and effort to get ready.  The condo is furnished but didn't include any housewares, so I've been out buying bedding, towels, bedside lamps, pillows, mattress toppers (the beds are EXTREMELY hard) and bathmats.  But it's now all finished and I have two ready-to-go bedrooms that will be empty starting next week.

My house guests include my boss so just a short post this week as I have lots of work to do!  Plus my new laptop died completely on Thursday evening so I've had to devote a lot of time to setting up another new one.  Thank the Lord I had made a backup recently so really haven't lost anything.  

I'm off to Sydney Australia on Friday for a week, then back in Cebu for a few days and then on vacation to Scotland, Victoria and Lake Wenatchee!  I can't wait.  I'm really enjoying it here but having my first paid vacation in 14 years is going to be great.  

Interesting note - typically lawyers cannot get credit cards here in the Philippines.  Apparently they're too inclined to not pay their bills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment